June 27, 2015

Samsung Galaxy Tab Won't Charge and Power On

This is a super late post but I hope you'll benefit from my experience. November last year, my Samsung Galaxy Tab P1000 froze and won't turn on afterwards. This unit is already obsolete, but man, it was the real deal back then! Steeply priced at more or less Php 30K, this jurassic tablet has sentimental (and continental,lol) value to me. It was a hard-earned prize from Colgate- one of the hardest online promos I've ever joined so far. Winning it was definitely a surreal moment. I was in raptures when I received it via courier with bubble wraps and all; just in time for my sister's wedding!

It was my very first gadget with touch screen. So you see, it really made me sad and frustrated when it suddenly stopped functioning.
Galaxy Tab P1000
My Galaxy Tab 
With some research from ever dependable Uncle Google and some tweaking, I luckily managed to make it work again...

Here are the steps that I hope will be useful to you when something like this happens to your gadget:

First, remove the SD Card and sim card.  Press the Power button +Volume Up at the same time for at least 10 seconds. Release the power button when the Samsung logo pops up, but continue to hold the Volume Up until the recovery screen appears.

You'll see this:
Galaxy Tab Reboot
Use the volume buttons to navigate the menu and select one from the four options as indicated on the picture above, press Home to choose the selection. I suggest that you simply reboot, this alone might do the trick. I was in a very nervous state when I tried this procedure and unfortunately, I wasn't wise enough.I pressed wipe date/ factory reset (as suggested by someone from a forum I happen to visit, not that I'm blaming, I just wish he explained further)- and boom! I lost so many files.

My tab was resurrected after this simple method. But not my priceless eBook notes and highlights and more. Anyway, I've moved on. Yes, obviously forced to move on. I was lucky to encounter a free ebook promo from buqo app (limited time only!

Then just recently, my tab started acting up again. This time, it stubbornly won't charge continuously. After plugging, it will charge for few seconds and....poof, no more. My remedy for this case as of now is to simply charge it to a laptop. The cord is working fine and I suspect the charger adapter or what they call 'brick' is now defective after four years of service. Have to buy one real soon.

So that's it. Do you also have a tab problem like this? Hope it's not that serious.Let's talk about it.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments :

Post a Comment